Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love

On this day recognized as a day to celebrate love I wish to do just that.

I celebrate my husband, lover and best friend. He is the miracle in my life that makes me feel like I have a place and purpose. He is a solid rock in my emotionally chaotic world. I mostly feel completely undeserving of his love and compassion, but I also believe there is no one in this world who could balance me out and make me function. He is a true example of love.

I celebrate a mother who spent countless hours on her knees, washed pillow cases drenched with tears and sacrificed without recognition for years waiting for a child to come into her life. She, unable to physically bare children, became stronger than most women I know. She became steadfast and immoveable in her faith. She learned a different kind of love as she battled through feeling of inadequacy and grief. Children did come eventually. We just came in a way that created a bond of love unique to us.

I celebrate patience, for patience brings about clear recognition of the meaning of love.

I celebrate laughter, for laughter brings people together in love.

I celebrate tears, for tears bring people to comfort out of love.

I celebrate acceptance, acceptance is the key to opening the doors of love.

I celebrate you.

I celebrate me.

For we are all loved. Truth be told, love is what created us and love gives us a reason to celebrate.

Celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)