I'm lying in bed... 11:57 pm... Owls outside my window. I've become familiar with their coo as I lie closest to the window each night. It is soft enough that you wouldn't really recognize what it really is unless you adjust your ears to just the right setting and only listen for that distinct coo.
It is dark, but the owl sees.
It must perch outside my window and quietly sit, in darkness, until it sees something worth breaking the quiet light-less night.
I wonder
What keeps owls content in darkness? What makes them softly whisper "who?" in such a way as to make you believe they are actually asking a question in a lullaby fashion?
I lie in darkness. I don't see, but I hear them. I will hear a soft lullaby in my mind as I drift into sleep contemplating 'who'...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are the best! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)